Stressed out? Relieve the pressure here!
We have all the stresses the rest of the world has and then some! Here are some of the things that cause nurses stress:
- The critical nature of our work with its potential for serious injury to others if we are careless for even a moment.
- Staffing shortages requiring us to care for more patients with less help.
- Working double shifts or returning to work 8 hours after our shift ends to meet the needs.
- Inadequate rest because of working rotating schedules so that our bodies have difficulty knowing when to sleep.
- Working closely with deadly diseases. Knowing that an accidental needle-stick or body fluid splash can easily infect us.
- Struggling with aches and pains from lifting and pulling on patients.
- Seeing some of our co-workers permanently disabled because of on the job back injuries.
- Watching people suffer. Being in the front lines of human need. Coping with family grief.
- Losing patients we’ve grown close to in death.
- Touching, bathing, applying dressings and wound care to those who are indecent toward us.
- Giving physical care to those who are physically unclean.
- Job layoffs, mergers, company failures, job insecurity.
- Difficulties with co-workers or supervisors.
- Unfair evaluations or expectations.
- Lack of experience or knowledge in some areas of our nursing practice.
- Potential for lawsuits.
If you are frustrated with all the trying nursing encounters you are required to deal with daily, you’ve come to the right place. Sometimes we just need to get away. We need a hideaway to unwind. We need CareNurse online nurses’ retreat.